1650 W 82nd St
Bloomington, MN 55431
MNCPA Business Development Academy
Open the door to more business, more revenue and more career success.
Your clients are your top priority. You deliver on-target strategies and services, guiding your clients to financial security. But who’s navigating for your firm? Who’s ensuring current clients stay with your firm? Who’s finding new clients to fill the pipeline?
Here’s a hint: this is truly your job. To do it well, you need strong business development skills. That’s where the MNCPA Business Development Academy comes in.
Bring in more revenue and boost your career success with the MNCPA Business Development Academy (BDA)
This series of six short workshops is designed for CPAs in public practice with five or more years of experience. View the schedule.
Partners, managing partners and sole practitioners:
- Learn practical ways to bring in more business and more profits via new and existing clients.
- Transform your clients’ problems into solutions that make them happy — and make your firm more money.
- Improve staff retention by engaging your high-potential young professionals in business development.
Managers, high-potential young professionals and future partners:
- Build your book of business and stand out as a rainmaker at your firm.
- Gain the in-demand career skills you need to be more promotable and fast-track your career.
“Art’s BD Academy has been a game changer for our firm. The sessions explore personal business development in an approachable and relevant way and are filled with examples of real-life successes from his work with other firms. We’ve seen some great ROI already and look forward to sending more associates to future programs.”
– Pam Metzger, Chief Marketing Officer, Porte Brown LLC (Chicago-based firm with 19 partners)
BDA program overview:
- Time commitment: six morning workshops spread throughout the year, with some pre-work required.
- CPE: 21 credits total (3.5 credits per workshop).
- Instructor: Art Kuesel, a 20-year veteran of CPA firm marketing and business development.
- Investment: $1,495 for MNCPA members and $1,795 for nonmembers.
Workshop 1: Building Your Personal Business Development Plan and Client Development
June 30 | 8:30 – 11:40 a.m. | MNCPA, Bloomington
Workshop 2: Cross-Serving Existing Clients and Asking for Referrals
July 20 | 8:30 – 11:40 a.m. | MNCPA, Bloomington
Workshop 3: Referral Source Mastery
Sept. 20 | 8:30 – 11:40 a.m. | MNCPA, Bloomington
Workshop 4: Creating a Strong Personal Brand and Networking for Success
Nov. 10 | 8:30 – 11:40 a.m. | MNCPA, Bloomington
Workshop 5: Excelling at the Sales Process
Dec. 4 | 8:30 – 11:40 a.m. | MNCPA, Bloomington
Workshop 6: Business Developer Panel and Prospecting
Jan. 11 | 8:30 – 11:40 a.m. | MNCPA, Bloomington
SPACE IS LIMITED TO 40 PARTICIPANTS.
Free sneak-preview webinar for MNCPA members!
Learn how to build more trust with clients while solving their most pressing issues at this webinar from BDA instructor Art Kuesel.
NEW! Your Clients’ Pain Is Your Gain: How to Achieve Trusted Adviser Status (Webinar)
May 4 | 10 – 11:15 a.m. | 1.5 CPE credits
Free for MNCPA members!
“Art and the BD Academy is exactly what I needed to get started in my business development role at our firm. The information is relevant, timely, and necessary for any up-and-coming CPA looking to grow. The class addresses an issue that the profession is late to pick up on, that being – how do accountants become and remain successful relationship providers in today’s business landscape.”
– Devin J. Barnas, Mowery & Schoenfeld, LLC
Contact the MNCPA at 952-831-2707 or via email.